- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
AFRE Senior Fellow Coordinator
Jobs at:Nelson Mandela Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
30th November 2019
Date Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Nelson Mandela Foundation was established in 1999 when its Founder, Mr Nelson Mandela, stepped down as the President of South Africa. The Nelson Mandela Foundation seeks to appoint a AFRE Senior Fellow Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg. Reports to: the Senior Analyst for Dialogue at the Nelson Mandela Foundation The purpose of this position is to work with the Programme Coordinator closely with the South Africa and US-based team members to serve as the primary liaison to Senior Fellows. .
• Coordinating the development and implementation of the AFRE alumni program, including:
• Serves as primary liaison for Senior Fellow enquiries
• Supports Senior Fellow participation in global AFN events
• Maintains AFRE SF platforms to facilitate ongoing interaction and access to AFRE supports (CANVAS, Slack, SF funding application portal, etc)
• Assists Senior Fellows to identify and access opportunities, including on-line courses from Columbia University
• Work with the Atlantic Institute (AI) and keep abreast of developments in the network to support Senior Fellows
• Assist in developing systems and strategy for the Senior Fellows programme
• Take part in AI SF Peer group meetings and engagements
• Support Cross-Program visits and staff exchanges as needed
• Research and create systems of collating best practice models for the SF programme
• Support the development of a network of contacts with partners to support the growth of SF
• Support the development of innovative projects along with the Leadership team
• Support coordination of meeting arrangements for fellowship and narrative activities in SA
• Support screening and application processes
• Support the US program coordinator and the SA coordinator on operations management and planning
• Provide supports to current fellows.
• Coordinate travel and assists with visa processes
• Support the Dialogue and AFRE programme
• Support communication and amplification of Senior Fellow stories
• Produce written outputs as directed by the Leadership Team
• Update Alumni records as and when changes are received.
• Send out a periodic communication including calendar announcements, meeting scheduling and other necessary information as needed
• Monitor budgets of the programme as needed
• Prepare analyses to support grant reporting as needed
• Take minutes of meetings and include in narrative reports.
• Support data collection for learning and assessment for Senior Fellows
• Assist learning and assessment activities in South Africa by managing data collection and documentation of programme activities
• Assist in developing case studies and other written products that explicate learnings and practices, precedents, theory as they relate to AFRE’s work and developing updates on the activities and milestones by Senior Fellows for external audiences
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent (Postgraduate degree preferred)
• Three years of experience in coordinating projects with diverse partners, and strong relationship management skills.
• Experience in Project Coordination and Management
• Ability to work independently to advance complex projects (experience in funding is desirable)
• Strong Written, Listening, and Verbal Communication Skills
• Program and systems readiness and ability to learn organisation-specific IT programs
• Demonstrated critical understanding of the root causes of inequity and a commitment to social justice
• Skilled writer with ability to produce communication products for a variety of audiences
• They will have a high level of emotional maturity, high tolerance for ambiguity, the ability to adapt quickly to change, and success working effectively in a consensus-driven team environment with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds – including internationally.
• Above all, they will have a strong grounding in and knowledge of social justice work, particularly as it relates to anti-black oppression, and will have a deep commitment to transforming the scale, impact, and quality of efforts to advance racial and social equity.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
To apply send your CV to HR@Nelsonmandela.org Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal For more about Nelson Mandela Foundation, refer to https://www.nelsonmandela.org/ For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.