- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Freshwater Health Index Coordinator
Jobs at:Conservation South Africa
Deadline of this Job:
4th December 2019
Date Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development—one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
This position is project-based, to lead the Freshwater Health Index (FHI) assessment in the uMzimvubu catchment, and will involve project coordination, stakeholder engagement, technical data analysis, and communication in a way that strengthens the institution’s operational efficiencies, sustainability and ultimately maximizes local conservation impact potential. .
The main duties of this position are:
• Lead the technical FHI assessment project in the uMzimvubu catchment including indicator calculations and liaising with technical partners as well as local and international project staff.
• Research, identify and approach relevant projects, datasets, stakeholders and potential collaborators who could be involved in freshwater assessments in South Africa.
• Carry out stakeholder engagement activities, including building and maintaining relationships with collaborators and key stakeholders in the uMzimvubu Catchment Partnership (UCP), government and academia
• Monitor, measure and provide periodic progress and metric reports.
• Build stakeholder understanding and support by developing fact sheets, statistics and related communications materials as well as lessons learned events to promote information sharing.
• Act as a technical resource for partners as well as other CSA landscapes who want to apply FHI in their own catchments.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Essential qualifications (if you do not fit the criteria below exactly, please do not submit your application as you will be automatically excluded).
• Master’s Degree in Biological, Environmental or Geographical Science, Environmental Monitoring & Evaluation, or related field
• Minimum intermediate proficiency in GIS and statistical software essential
• Minimum 2-year experience with stakeholder engagement, freshwater, health and the human environment
• Project management experience, preferably in the conservation, NGO, advocacy or related for-profit arena
• Ability to synthesize and communicate information to different recipients – community members, governments, conservation authorities and academic constituencies
• Valid driver’s license and minimum one-year driving experience
• Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse working environment
• Experience in Integrated Water Resource Management (WRM)
• Academic record of published literature in the field of IWRM and/or Environmental M&E
• Proven ability to work effectively across cultures, establish and manage effective collaborations
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Please submit your abbreviated CV (no longer than 3 pages) with contact details of three referees with a cover letter by 4 December 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org . using the reference EC Freshwater Health Index. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Inquiries prior to the deadline may be directed to email@example.com .
Candidates who have received no response within 14 days of the closing should kindly assume that their application was unsuccessful. CSA reserves the right not to fill this position. CSA is an affirmative action employer, Wherever possible, selection will favour previously disadvantaged individuals, provided they are in possession of the required skills, knowledge and experience.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.