Fundraiser and Administrator
Jobs at:Atlantic Hope
Deadline of this Job:
4th December 2019
Date Posted: Friday, November 29, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Atlantic Hope was founded by Marilyn May, an Enrolled Staff nurse registered with the South African Nursing Council and a member of the Society of Private Nurse Practitioners of South Africa. Atlantic Hope seeks to appoint a Fundraiser and administrator based in Cape Town. .
• The successful individual will be responsible for the following duties, which are not limited to:
• Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the organisation.
• Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with the Founder and Management Committee.
• Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, major gifts, corporates, community, events, trusts/foundations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities and criteria.
• Carry out prospect research and develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information.
• Increase funds by researching and targeting charitable trusts whose criteria match the charity's aims and activities.
• Compile new proposals and amendments as necessary.
• Handle all administrative aspects of fundraising such as, but not limited to, sending of invoices, Section 18A Tax Deduction Certificates, thank you letters, donation certificates and impact reports.
• Set up or monitor web-based fundraising activities, such as Crowdfunding Web sites when necessary.
• Plan and direct special events for fundraising.
• Develop standardised fundraising and publicity materials for awareness and fundraising. The content to be approved by the Founder.
• Update the Atlantic Hope website and related social media pages.
• Develop media contacts and publicise the work of Atlantic Hope at national and international level – to be approved by the Founder.
• Take ownership of funding, reporting to the Management Committee on progress against fundraising targets at meetings.
• Liaise with the Founder/ Safety Mom as well as the Management Committee when required to ensure the organisation’s cashflow and financial sustainability through careful budgeting, realistic fundraising targets and coordinating timely access to funds from donors and supporters.
• Prepare and maintain all financial documentation
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and send the Financial Records and information so that they can compile the necessary Audited Financial Statements.
• Regularly check the organization’s bank account.
• Calculate and process monthly payroll, send to Accountants and make electronic transfers to staff members
• Pay all monthly accounts.
• Submission of all reporting, documentation, and applications as required by the Department of Social Development to ensure that our NPO meets all legal and other statutory requirements.
• Taking of regular photographs of the babies and keep them on file to hand over to their families when they leave.
• Compile a comprehensive Baby Study for each baby which can be used as a profile to be presented to potential families.
• Book and update all vaccination, doctor, and clinic appointments.
• Assist where necessary with clinic and doctor visits.
• Collect where necessary donations of items for the organization.
• Arrange Criminal Clearance and necessary checks on all staff and volunteers.
• Perform filing and paperwork for the organization.
• A tertiary qualification in a relevant field (e.g. Marketing, Communications, Fundraising or Business Studies)
• Project management and administration experience
• Fundraising experience essential (non-profit/non-governmental organisation experience would be preferable)
• Proven track record of effective fundraising
• Experience managing donor information and proficiency in database management
• Competencies and abilities:
o Excellent at developing and maintaining relationships strategically
o Personal motivation, drive and self-direction. Able to work with minimal supervision to achieve fundraising objectives and targets
o Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals & teams essential
o Highly proactive with good self-leadership
o Mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects
o Adaptable to new projects and requirements
o Excellent attention to detail, time management & organisational skills
o Demonstrated ability to implement a fundraising strategy
• Networking, communication (oral, written, interpersonal) and presentation skills
• Understanding of the funding environment
• Track record of writing compelling and convincing proposals and copy
• Strong track record in representing organisations in a professional and positive manner and building strong relationships
• Sound budgeting, donor reporting and administrative abilities
• Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
To apply, please e-mail your C.V to Dani Janks at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about Malamulele Onward, refer to www.malamuleleonward.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.