- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Human Resources Practitioner
Deadline of this Job:
29th November 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
GreenCape is a non-profit organisation that supports the development of the green economy – one that is low carbon, resource efficient and socially inclusive. We assist green technology businesses and investors focusing on green technologies and services to remove barriers to investment and growth. Driven by GreenCape’s 5-year strategy, the organisation is expecting to double in size in the next five years.
Job Description GreenCape is looking for an ambitious and driven HR professional who would be motivated to help the organisation, its current staff and future hires to achieve GreenCape’s ambition to expand in reach, size and impact. As GreenCape is an organisation staffed with a diverse, high-performance team, it is critical that the HR professional is experienced in dealing with, and motivated to be part of, such a team. Particular interest, skills and demonstrable experience in creating an enabling environment for personal development (including the associated systems for career planning, performance management and training) will thus be critical. GreenCape expects to scale up its Internship Programme. The HR Officer will have a key role in this through support in the design of the Internship Programme and will ultimately be responsible for the end-to-end management of the Internship Programme .
SSupported by the Exco member responsible for HR, responsibilities will include:
• Governance: review, updating, application and monitoring of compliance with HR policies and procedures in line with GreenCape’s overall strategy and policies
• Legal compliance: remaining up to date on legal requirements; ensuring compliance and reporting to relevant government departments (COIDA, BCEA, H&S, UIF, Employment Equity (EE Plan and EE Reporting); Skills and Training (Workplace Skills Plan and Annual Training Report), as well as monthly internal reporting on changes in legislation and compliance.
• Recruitment and Selection: managing the recruitment process end-to-end aligned with GreenCape’s transformation strategy and EE Plan; analysis of recruitment statistics and record keeping for EE purposes.
• Employee Onboarding, Administration and Exit: managing staff induction and exits, including updates / improvements to induction and exit procedures and systems; maintenance of staff administrative records; monitoring of staff probation including liaison with staff and managers.
• Remuneration & Benefits: monthly payroll including liaison with external HR administrative system & payroll service provider; managing annual increase and bonus process; managing of any job grading and salary benchmarking processes; administration of medical aid including liaison with broker and HR administrative system service provider; administration of all types of leave (annual, sick, family responsibility, compassionate, long service, study, special, maternity/paternity, unpaid) primarily via the online HR administration system.
• Employee Wellness: staff support and proactive wellness interventions
• Learning & Development: support on design and implementation of career planning and progression systems including succession planning with managers and Exco, support on development of training strategy; end-to-end management of training interventions including internal and external individual and group training and mentoring; end-to-end management of enrichment sessions (formal and informal seminar programme), and all administration related to the Workplace Skills Plan(WSP) and Annual Training Report (ATR). Note in particular the emphasis on this aspect of the role for this position and GreenCape’s intent to scale up its Internship Programme outlined above.
• Employee Relations: management of processes for disciplinary actions and grievances
• Performance Management: end-to-end management of performance review process (twice yearly); support in design of improvements to performance review process in line with changes to processes for career- and succession planning.
• Transformation: support to GreenCape’s Exco in transformation; managing all processes related to the EE Plan and annual EE reporting (including convening of the EE Committee; liaison with external EE support consultants; record keeping); convening of GreenCape’s Diversity Committee; initiating proactive interventions to promote understanding of and engagement on diversity.
• Culture and Change Management: support Exco team to institutionalise GreenCape culture and values; support Exco team to plan and manage organisational change.
• Internal HR Staff Communication: act as central point of contact for all official HR-related communication to and from staff (individually and collectively).
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Attributes:
• Post-graduate degree (or graduate degree and relevant work experience) in human resource management, industrial psychology, or business administration
• At least 5-8 years HR experience in a dynamic, high performance environment
• Thorough knowledge of labour and other relevant HR legislation
• Demonstrable experience in creating an enabling environment for personal development (including the associated systems for career planning, performance management and training), and a particular interest in this
• The ability to confidently initiate and foster productive, professional relationships internally and externally with relevant government departments, training providers and HR service providers
• Integrity and ability to build and maintain staff trust
• Problem solving skills and decision making ability
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to self-manage, multi-task and to prioritise
• Innovative and driven
• Emotionally intelligent
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to the Chief Knowledge Officer via email@example.com . The deadline for applications is 09h00 on Thursday 28 November 2019. Interviews will be held in the week of 2 December 2019. The successful candidate will start on 2 January 2020 or as soon possible thereafter.
Applications must include:
• A well written letter of motivation indicating what motivates the candidate to apply for the role:
o What the candidate feels he/she brings to the role that would make him/her a preferred candidate;
o An indication of salary expectations;
o An indication of when the candidate would be available to commence work
o Please also note how the candidate became aware of the job opportunity
• A detailed CV
• Copies of academic transcripts
• Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
CV’s must be submitted no later than 9h00 am of the 29th of November 2019
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Candidates who have not heard from GreenCape by 20 December 2019 should consider their application unsuccessful..
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.