- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:The Black Sash
Deadline of this Job:
29th November 2019
Date Posted: Thursday, November 28, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Black Sash’s mission is to work towards the realisation of socio-economic rights, as outlined in the SA Constitution 1996, with emphasis on social security and social protection for the most vulnerable, particularly women and children. We will, in the course of our work, explore options to significantly reduce poverty and inequality. They believe the implementation of socio economic rights demands open, transparent and accountable governance (state, corporate and civil society). To this end we will promote an active civic engagement by all living in South Africa and made possible by a strong and vibrant civil society comprising community based organisations, non-governmental organisations, coalitions and movements. Black Sash National seeks to appoint an Intern to be based in Western Cape
The purpose of this position is to be committed to human rights, access to justice, development and empowerment; with integrity, honesty and respect for confidentiality. A person, who can work in a team, is transparent, accountable, consultative and embraces the values, vision, strategies and policies of the Black Sash. A candidate who is able to think pro-actively, creatively and responsively and is prepared to work hard, under pressure and to deadline. .
• Advocacy In Partnership: Monitor advocacy issues; Providing support in advocacy actions; Assisting with educating community partners; Conducting research; Capture and analyse data
• Rights Information, Education and Training: Provide support with education workshops, information sessions and learning events; Research and compile draft research reports; Assist with drafting documents and training material; Attend meetings and other activities.
• Campaign co-ordination: Assist with campaign activities; Provide support with convening coalition meetings; Provide support to recruit partners; Provide support with public relations, media and marketing campaigns
• Key learning Areas:
o Building an understanding of the human rights context, the struggle for the realization of these rights and how to gather information to support this work
o Advocacy actions through different strategies
o Developing drafting and editing skills on different types of documents
o Gaining hands-on events experience including planning, coordination and reporting on events.
o Co-ordination and implementation of the work plans for various campaigns
o Exposure to different types of meetings and events to build knowledge to gain insight into the work
o Develop skills with administration, logistical support and events planning.
o Enhance team working skills
o Strengthen communication skills
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Recent graduate from a tertiary institution
• History of community service
• Good command of spoken and-written English and at least one other South African language
• Willing to travel (Driver’s licence will be advantageous).
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
To apply, submit a Motivational Letter and CV (one document), including three contactable referees to: email@example.com or fax to 021 686 7168 Enquiries: Mr. JS Marques Tel #: (021) 686 6952
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.